Terms and Conditions
All services are subject to a written contract signed by both parties. Publishing Services has separate contracts with Central Books, Signature Books and Edgeler Book Services.
Publishing Services is not an agent and does not handle client monies. These are paid direct to the client, after the deduction of sales and distribution commission, once statements have been approved.
Where a client has its own distributor we would ask for monies to be paid direct to the salesforce according to agreed payment terms.
The contract includes the following:
- The scope of the contracted service.
- A detailed breakdown of the areas Publishing Services takes responsibility for, which ones are to be carried out in-house by the client and which are to be subcontracted as an at-cost recharge (eg an external agency for finished copy review mailings).
- Confidentiality and copyright issues.
- An agreed number of yearly meetings, typically between four and six times a year for Publishing Services, at least three times a year for Signature Books and once a year for Central Books and Edgeler Book Services.
- An agreed form of reporting on progress.
- The commission due to Central Books, Signature Books and Edgeler Book Services
- Publishing Services' fee structure and timing of payments.
- Any exclusions (eg tax and NI).
- Where a success fee has been agreed, the timing of that together with an agreed format of the Sales Statement (typically, to include print run, sales made in an agreed period, returns within that period, quantity of frees and stock).
- The procedure if either party wishes to terminate.
Copyright, Links and Privacy
If you have any queries about our terms and conditions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org .